Wednesday 2 May 2018

Evaluation Question 2

How effective is the combination of your main production and ancillary texts?

The Project

For this task, I had to create a music video which was my main product, along with an accompany of 2 ancillary texts, which consisted of a Digipak and a poster of my artist DAZE.

What is significant about these 2 print media products is that they compliment each other in terms of promoting one another. I felt as though it was appropriate to create this ancillary project as this was a common way in which the mainstream media chooses to promote their artist and remain successful.

The Digipak


This is my completed digipak. I made this with all the research I looked at based on similar artists. I used dark colours on the front and back covers to show that the genre of the album is indie pop. I used a picture of our artist DAZE with his back turned to the camera to show that he is edgy and conserved.




The Poster


The combination of my main music video product and ancillary texts was indeed effective. from research that I'd found, other similar artists like The 1975. I noticed that they had a specific style that can be associated with the artist. So I decided to also incorporate this convention into my ancillary texts. I choose that dark colours and an edgy view on aspects of the artist is a good way to identify my artist as a young and troubled teen. I used the same colours to what is on the digipak to help establish DAZE and to make the colours and the style his.

Conclusion

Overall, I feel as though my ancillary texts was indeed effective in terms of the combination of my music video and digipak/magazine cover. This is because I kept the colour scheme essentially similar and had key images that referenced iconic scenes within the music video itself. I also kept the characteristics of our artist - edgy, conserved, lonely and suffering. I wanted to prioritise the idea of our artist being stressed and edgy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Video